This post is one in a series of childbirth meditations. This post focuses on the word choose, and the choices you make during pregnancy and childbirth.
Meditations for “Choose”
Choose – Don’t be told
Choose to stay healthy.
Choose supportive caregivers.
Choose how you will handle the challenges of labor.
Choose to do this for your baby, the one who doesn’t get a choice about how she is born.
Choose to do this for your health, so you will be best able to care for your baby when he is born.
Don’t ever think that you can put off choosing. Your inaction is not because you are waiting to decide, it is because you have already made your choice, and you chose not to act. In labor, choosing not to re-act or change the situation may be just what it takes to get through a tough time.
Encouraging words for you
“We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.” -Kahlil Gibran
Questions to Work Through
- What choices do you feel have been made for you?
- What choices are you struggling with making?
- How comfortable are you with the responsibility of choosing?
- How do the choices you made one, two or three months or years ago affect you today?
- Why do you delay making choices?