This post is one in a series of childbirth meditations. This post focuses on the word grow, and the ways you grow during pregnancy and childbirth.
Meditations for “grow”
Growth is to be expected when you are learning new things.
The growth is not in the learning, but in putting the knowledge into action.
True growth is change. Growth is not more of the same, but something new and better.
If you do not grow you will always do what you have always done. If you do not grow you will always get what you have always gotten.
You are only able to grow yourself. You are only responsible for the growth of yourself.
When you live a life of reflection, the growing of your abdomen during pregnancy is a symbol of the growth you are experiencing as a person. When your baby is born, she is a symbol of the new person you have become.
“You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Irish Proverb
Questions to Work Through
- In what ways have you grown in this pregnancy?
- In what ways are you fighting the natural growth of becoming a mom?
- Who is your model or ideal you would like to grow similar to? Why?
- Growth takes energy. What energies did your growth take from you?
- What experiences have caused you to grow the most?