Ten Questions About...
Becoming A Parent
- How will you and your spouse make parenting decisions?
- In what ways will your spouse be a good parent?
- In what ways will your spouse need to change to be a good parent?
- In what ways will you be a good parent?
- In what ways will you need to change to be a good parent?
- What issues involving parenting concern you?
- How do you know you and your spouse will be good parents?
- What preparations are you making for the necessary adjustments of parenthood?
- What adjustments do you expect will need to be made to parent this child?
- How will the entrance of this baby to your family affect your family?
Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slaveó just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.