Childbirth Meditations: Know
Some people confuse knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is a collection of truths. Wisdom is the ability to accurately apply the truths one knows.
You can learn and forget and relearn. Or you can experience and know.
It is possible to know something is true, even when it is false.
We know because we trust, and we trust because of what we know. The two are tightly bound and to lose one often means we lose the other.
To truly know something is to live according to it; to accept its truth and make decisions based upon that truth.
It is not so much not knowing that we regret, but knowing and not acting.
Knowing is not understanding. You can know and not understand, and understand without knowing.
Encouraging words for you
"Breath. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. " - Oprah Winfrey
Questions to Work Through
- What more do you want to know before you give birth?
- What do you know that you wish was not true?
- What do you know about yourself that will help you during childbirth?
- How do you let others know you and what you need?
- What do you need to know something? To feel it, see it, hear it?