Childbirth Meditation: Listen
Listen to your caregivers. Is what they say supportive of your goals? Do you need to seek a second opinion?
Listen to your pain. Is it telling you something needs to be different?
Listen to your heart. Take the time to explore your fears and concerns. Learn about the things that are important to you.
Listen to your baby's heartbeat. (S)he is really in there, waiting to come out!
Listening requires much more than hearing noises. It means you will need to slow down and quiet yourself so you can absorb all that is being said, done and experienced. It means you will need to pay attention. But the information you gain from listening may mean the difference between reaching your goals or not.
Encouraging Words for You
"Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen to them." - Shakti Gawain
"With the gift of listening comes the gift of healing." - Catherine de Hueck
Questions to Think Through
- When you listen to your heart, what do you hear?
- When you listen to your midwife or doctor, what do you hear?
- When you listen to your family, what do you hear?
- When you listen to your body, what do you hear?
- Whose voices do you listen to the most?