Childbirth Meditations: Open
Giving birth is about allowing your body to open, letting that which is inside come out.
Being open can be frightening. There is a sense that your whole being will spill out.
Sometimes we refuse to be open, refuse to let others see who we are for fear we are not good enough.
When you are emotionally open, your physical body is more open. When you are emotionally closed, your physical body tenses up and closes off.
To give and receive you must be open. A closed fist can neither give something away or accept something.
We tend to believe that which is open and available to us is not nearly as valuable as that which is closed or unavailable to us.
Choosing to be open feels dramatically different from being ripped open.
Encouraging words for you
"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live " - Flora Whittemore
Questions to Work Through
- What things have been easy to be open about?
- What things have been difficult to be open about?
- What things do you feel have been ripped open by others rather than been opened by you?
- In what ways do you need others to be open with you?
- What keeps you from being open?