Childbirth Meditation: Share
To truly share, you must temporarily give up rights to something ultimately yours.
Sharing doesn't mean we divide evenly - only that we divide.
Sharing is a sacrifice. Sometimes it is easier than others but it is always a sacrifice.
If it is required of you, or forcefully taken from you, then it is not sharing. Sharing is willful offering.
What we will or will not share, and who we will or will not share with says a lot about who we are and what we value.
You can share money, possessions, space, time, thoughts, ideas, hurts, work and love. It is just as important to share the physical things as it is to share the intangible. You will end up with just as many problems if you are greedy with your hurts and fears as you will if you are greedy with your food.
Sharing is a visible expression of love.
Encouraging words for you
"Light is the task where many share the toil." - Homer
Questions to Work Through
- What things are you willing to share?
- What things might serve you better if they were shared?
- What parts of pregnancy can you not share?
- How do you share, but still retain what you need?
- What are you afraid will happen if you do share?