As your baby grows, and your body changes to support the baby, you will gain weight.
Some Women Have Tried…
- Instead of focusing on how much weight you are gaining, focus on eating well and getting adequate exercise
- Put all your scales in a closet and do not get them out for a year.
- Do not jump right into maternity clothes, which will be too big early in your pregnancy. Instead buy some clothes that are a size larger than you usually wear. Better yet, borrow them from a friend.
- Do not use pregnancy as an excuse to feed your appetite rather than your hunger. Overeating will make you feel sluggish and heavy, and it will not help your baby.
- If you are having trouble gaining weight because of illness, focus your eating efforts on high protein foods.
- Enjoy your changing body by getting belly shots to show your baby’s growth and making a belly cast before baby is born.