If you have fears, doubts or concerns, take the time to examine what you believe. Then research to find the truth. You may be surprised to find you have believed a lie.
Believe the decisions you make are important.
Believe your body was designed to give birth. You are capable.
Believe your baby needs you. You are the only one who can do this.
Believe you can find the support you need. Then find it.
What you believe does matter. Women who are confident in their ability to handle labor report less pain during labor. Take the time to find the faith you need to give birth.
Encouraging words for you
"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen." - Frank Lloyd Wright
Questions to work through
- Why do you believe you can/cannot give birth naturally?
- How do you know your support network believes in you?
- Does what you believe about pregnancy and childbirth line up with your other general beliefs about life?
- How does the way you live your life while pregnant reflect what you believe or donít believe?
- What fears or concerns weaken your beliefs about childbirth?