August 1-7 is World Breastfeeding Week, and August is breastfeeding month. Birthing Naturally is celebrating all month with blog posts all about breastfeeding.
We are kicking off the month with five great links to help you celebrate.
- The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action hosted a photo contest in honor of World Breastfeeding Week. Check out the winners of the contest here.
- The United States Breastfeeding Committee is a coalition of over 50 independent organizations to support, promote, and protect breastfeeding. Take a look at the legislation and policy information to find how you can advocate for breastfeeding. If you are not from the United States, do a quick search to find your country’s committee and learn how you can join the advocacy.
- The World Health Organization has publications and statistics about breastfeeding around the world. Educational materials are provided in many languages. Check out their publications to educate yourself or use in educating others.
- UNICEF has published 264 posts about breastfeeding around the world in 2014! Read some of the stories and be inspired, or find solutions from global neighbors that might help in your corner of the world.
- Breastfeeding advocates around the world have put together public service announcements to promote breastfeeding. Check out the collection we’ve made for you at Birthing Naturally’s YouTube Channel and let us know which one is your favorite.
Latest posts by Jennifer Vanderlaan (see all)
- Perinatal Care Certification - August 24, 2015
- High primary cesarean rates are a multi-factorial problem - August 21, 2015
- Is cervical dilation unpredictable? - August 20, 2015