Pregnancy Meal Planning
When you are running short on time, it can be very tempting to skip a meal or stop for fast food. You can eat a healthy meal in a rush, but you need to think beyond your basic meat and potatoes dinner. Below are some suggestions for quick meals you can enjoy any time of day.
- Bowl of Cereal, toast with peanut butter, glass of milk
- Cottage cheese with fruit
- Yogurt with fruit and granola
- Grilled cheese sandwich, salad or fresh vegetables
- Slice of cheese, English muffin or toast, piece of fruit
- Tuna sandwich, fruit
- Mixed nuts, piece of cheese, glass of juice
- Dry cereal with yogurt
- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, fresh vegetables
- Instant soup or can of soup
- Popcorn, piece of cheese, piece of fruit
The next time you make a meal, make double and stick the extra in the freezer. When you need a quick meal, simply take it out and reheat. The following are easy meals to freeze in bags. Read this for more help on freezer meals.
- Most Soups
- Sloppy Joe (Barbecue meat)
- Pancakes or Waffles
- Spaghetti and Sauce
- Macaroni and Cheese
Donít feel pressured into eating food that does not have the nutrition necessary to build a strong baby. Look around your kitchen and see what quick and easy meals you can make this week!