Your need for oxygen increases during pregnancy, but your uterus expands restricting the amount of oxygen you can take in with each breath.
Some Women Have Tried…
- Do deep abdominal breathing, trying to get the most oxygen possible with each breath.
- Change your position, you may find that upright positions give you more room to breathe.
- Slow down or reduce your activity level, give your body a chance to catch up.
- Sleep with extra pillows to maintain a position that allows you to breathe easily.
- Avoid eating large meals. Instead eat smaller meals and snacks more frequently.