This post is one in a series of childbirth meditations. This post focuses on the word improve, and the ways you improve during pregnancy and childbirth.
Meditations for “Improve”
There is an amazing ambition within the human heart. We seek always to improve.
You can see what is most important to a person by noticing what they try to improve.
Sometimes we seek to solve problems by improving others rather than recognizing the need for improvement in ourselves.
There is a myth we all believe, that if external conditions were improved our internal condition would be improved.
According to chaos theory, the world around you is continually deteriorating. Things do not spontanously improve.
The task of improvement happens slowly. You can choose to dread the work or enjoy every step of the journey.
There are two types of people in the world. Those who see a problem and say, “somebody needs to fix this;” and those see a problem and say, “I can improve this.”
“The place to improve the world is first in one’s own heart and head and hands.” – Robert M. Pirsig
Questions to Work Through
- What things have you been consciously or unconsciously trying to improve?
- What do you need to improve to be prepared to give birth?
- How can you improve this pregnancy?
- What have you been waiting to do when “things improve”?
- In what ways have you been attempting to improve others?