This post is one in a series of pregnancy menu helps. This menu consists of items that can be prepared in bulk on the weekend; gives you some flexibility in how much work you would like to put into the preparation. Many of these items can be made at home, or purchased already prepared.
The “Meal Prep on the Weekend” Pregnancy Menu
Slice of Whole Wheat Toast
8 oz Glass of Milk (8oz = 1 Cup)
Broccoli Bacon Quiche
White Bean Salad
2 Deviled Egg Halves
8 oz glass of Milk
Making this menu work for you
Here are some suggestions for adjusting this menu to the level of preparation you desire:
- Oatmeal can be made from an instant package, fast or slow cook stove top methods, or overnight crock pot methods. Add-ins may include fruit, nuts, honey, maple syrup or yogurt.
- If you have at least half an hour to bake one morning a week, use that morning to bake a batch of muffins. Store them in your freezer and thaw them in the microwave. Another option is to buy muffins from your grocery store bakery.
- Quiche can be made with or without the crust and can be made ahead and refrigerated. An additional option is to make mini-quiche using a muffin tray and store extras in the freezer. You can find ready made quiche in many grocery store bakeries or the frozen food section.
- Deviled eggs can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- If you don’t have time to make Parmesan chicken or rice pilaf from a recipe, you can use a boxed mix or purchase frozen varieties of a meat and side.
- Pudding can be made using a favorite recipe, from a box mix that is cooked or instant, or can be purchased ready made.