This post is one in a series of pregnancy menu helps. This menu consists of items that can be made from left-overs; it shares ideas to meet your pregnancy nutrition goals when you have the flexibility to plan ahead.
The “Re-using Leftovers” Pregnancy Menu
Whole Wheat or Bran Muffin
8 oz Glass of Milk (8oz = 1 Cup)
Beef Barbecue Sandwich
Cheese and Crackers
Grilled Chicken Cesar Salad
Sweet Potato Soup
Sliced Kiwi Fruit
8 oz glass of Milk
Yogurt with dried fruit and nuts
Making this menu work for you
This is a great plan-ahead menu by following these suggestions:
- You can add left-over vegetables or legumes in your scrambled eggs; you could also prepare it as an omelet.
- Over a weekend or on a light day, make a batch of Beef BBQ. After it has cooled, store it in air-tight, serving size containers in your freezer. It should keep for 3-6 months and makes a quick sandwich.
- If you have at least half an hour to bake one morning a week, use that morning to bake a batch of bran muffins. Store them in your freezer in zipper lock freezer bags. Thaw in the microwave.
- You can used left-over grilled chicken to make a Chicken Cesar Salad, or use whatever left-over meat you have on hand to add to your salad of choice.
- Left over cooked vegetables like sweet potatoes can be blended with broth to make a quick vegetable soup.
- Keep a container of prepared salad greens in your refrigerator. When preparing your meal, select the amount of greens you would like.