The increased blood volume may cause the small and sensitive vessels in your nose to break easily during pregnancy.
Morning nosebleeds may be caused by a sleeping environment that is too dry.
Some Women Have Tried…
- Pinch your nose and lean forward to stop a bleed. Tipping your head back causes blood to drain into your throat and may be swallowed causing you to feel nauseous.
- Be sure to eat a diet rich in Vitamin C to promote tissue health and healing.
- Blow your nose gently to prevent the breaking of blood vessels.
- Use a humidifier or vaporizer to get more humidity around you during dry months.
- Some women will rub a small amount of petroleum jelly in each nostril before going to bed.
- A thin layer of vitamin E oil, comfrey ointment or aloe gel may help moisten nasal membranes.
- Normal saline nose drops or spray may help moisten nasal membranes.