There is no way to prevent stretch marks. They are scar tissues caused by the over-stretching of the skin. You may experience them on your abdomen, breasts or upper legs.
Some Women Have Tried…
- The most important thing you can do is to eat a healthy diet and stay hydrated. This allows your skin to be as healthy as possible for stretching.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin E and Vitamin C. These nutrients are necessary for healthy skin.
- Keeping your skin moisturized will not prevent stretch marks, but it can prevent some of the dry itchiness some women feel as the skin stretches.
- Rub almond oil on the skin to prevent itchy sensations.
- Do not waste money on treatments. They will not prevent stretch marks, but will leave you frustrated.
- Create your own soothing massage oil combining frankincense, geranium and lavender. Massage the abdomen daily to help keep the skin soft and supple.
- Try using five drops of lavender in 15 ml of jojoba oil for daily hip and abdominal massage.
- Stretch marks will minimize on their own after your baby is born.